Why I won’t give my kids the Flu Nasal Spray Vaccine (Fluenz Tetra) and what every parent should know before giving their consent:
- Common Side effects of the vaccine are the very symptoms we are trying to avoid: fever, runny nose, cough, sore throat, muscle ache, headache, tiredness!
- see UK vaccine inserts list of common side effects http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/29109
- see ‘comments’ section left by parents at bottom of page here http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/child-flu-vaccine-side-effects.aspx
- see US vaccine inserts list of common side effects and see page 7 of the insert for study results which show more flu-like symptoms observed in those receiving Flumist vs placebo! Note the US vaccine inserts contains far more info than UK one! http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM294307.pdf
see website for the campaign http://www.sharegoodtimesnotflu.co.uk/
and note at the bottom ‘This is an Astra Zeneca Website’ and above it ‘This product is subject to additional monitoring’. Then click on symptoms of flu and then click on Vaccination Info and compare to list of possible side effects after vaccination…almost identical!
- Here’s a study showing 5 fold increased risk of other non-influenza respiratory infections http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/03/13/cid.cis307
- Here’s a study showing 3 fold increased risk of hospitalisation in children who receive the flu vaccine http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090519172045.htm
- Has low efficacy rate – based on guess work leading to poor match with the seasons circulating viruses as viruses have to be predicted a year in advance so most years they get it wrong as mentioned on the promotional leaflet! Last year’s was only 3% effective!
- It offers protection against Influenza not ordinary flu/cold -There are 200 viruses that cause the common cold which we usually refer to flu but only 4 types that cause Influenza (flu) each with many strains. The flu vaccine offers protection against 4 influenza virus strains in the vaccine (if they get the match right) but does not prevent us catching ordinary cold (non-influenza) viruses. http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/coldsandflu/Pages/Isitacoldorflu.aspx
- Carries risk – Narcolepsy and Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS) have been associated with flu vaccines. GBS from flu vaccine makes up the highest of US Vaccine Damage Court compensation payouts
- See section 5 of the US FluMist vaccine insert –(and note how much info on this is missing from the UK vaccine insert) http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM294307.pdf
- see page 11 onwards http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/dojpresentation.pdf
- see page 3 of http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/vicpmonthlyseptember15.pdf
- Safety studies are very few and flawed, supported by industry funding, risks are understated and benefits overstated. New vaccines are being put to market after as little as 6 months of study.
- Read summary www.bmj.com/content/338/bmj.b354
- Read summery http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004879.pub4/abstract;jsessionid=40672407B21A867544E3CE0778C49E4C.f03t02
- It is GMO and LIVE. This vaccine contains 4 types of Genetically Modified LIVE attenuated viruses, as well as antibiotic Gentamicin, MSG, eggs, gelatin which one may be allergic to. see ingredients http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/29109
Live viruses shed for up to 28 days and can infect others. We are all being involuntarily exposed to 4 genetically modified flu virus strains which we wouldn’t otherwise be exposed to. see page 14 of US vaccine insert about shedding (US brand name is Flumist) http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM294307.pdf
- It is a fairly new vaccine and we won’t know the long term effects of it for a long time to come. Studies have shown that the continued use of flu vaccines can cause the flu virus to mutate and become stronger and harder to treat. New vaccines are not being adequately tested, Some new vaccines are put to market in as little as 6 months of trial and their adverse effects only come to light after many have been damaged by it – good examples are the Swine flu vaccine in 2009 and the new HPV cervical smear vaccine that is damaging girls all around the world.
- The push to give flu vaccines is all about money. It is a hugely profitable industry. The marketing and promotional material is biased and aimed at achieving sales targets. Influenza vaccine market was estimated at $2.9 billion in 2011 and expected to rise to $3.8 billion by 2018.
- Vaccine manufacturers are not liable to pay out any damages if a vaccine causes serious side effects. In 1986 they signed an agreement with all governments that removes any liability from them and any compensation has to be through the government. This has shifted the emphasis from ‘safe’ vaccines to ‘more’ vaccines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Childhood_Vaccine_Injury_Act